Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Museum of Art and Design::SECOND LIVES - REMIXING THE ORDINARY

Last Thursday I had the privilege of checking out MAD with some of the AIGA crowd and enjoyed the current exhibition "SECOND LIVES - REMIXING THE ORDINARY" ending April 19.

They didn't let me take pictures but Core77 has some shots for you to check out but I would strongly encourage going to see it. The gallery has "pay what you want" Thursday nights ending at 9pm ;)

Here are my 3 favorite pieces::
Yuken Teruya :: Ten Cut Paper Bags
Such intricate detail and the shadows are amazing!

Devorah Sperber :: After the Mona Lisa 7
On the wall are spools of thread that actually create upside down pixel art, a glass sphere is placed about 12ft away and it creats the image above... so great!

Terese Agnew :: Portrait of a Textile Worker detail
This quilted image was created from clothing labels... I love the irony and I love that she is a Milwaukee artist :)

No comments: